Friday, January 29, 2010

Online Glass Resources

I thought I'd take a minute and post links to the three online glass forums that I check regularly.  For the non-glassies out there, these won't mean a thing, but they are wonderful places to find out information quickly and from fellow glass workers (artists and wannabes).

First, for blown glass work, I check out Craftweb Hot Glass Talk.  This is the place to be if you want to know anything and everything about the hot shop, glass properties and chemistry, or life in general.

Next, for warm glass (fusing, slumping, kiln casting, etc) I recommend the Warm Glass bulletin board.  There are many about five thousand members - probably twenty-five who post very frequently.  Got a question - there is the place for answers.

Finally, for sand blasting and carving questions, I go to the Sand Carving forum.  If you want to know anything about sand blasting, sand carving, stenciling, photo etching, or related topics - this is the place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment